Tuesday, August 2, 2016
First Two Months Back at the Saint Paul Mission, Dillingham, Alaska.
1. Set up mass times for Holy Rosary in Dillingham, Alaska and Saint Theresa in King Salmon/Naknek. Mass will be every other Sunday. A communion service will be celebrated on the "other" Sunday. Flew to Saint Theresa three times to celebrate Mass and Clarks Point twice.
2. Set up mass for Clarks Point, Alaska. Mass will be every Friday at noon in their new community center.
3. Organized and cleaned the Sacristies, kitchens, and basement storage in both Saint Theresa and Holy Rosary churches.
4. Painted the basement floor and entry way at the Holy Rosary Rectory.
5. Spent a couple days in the cemetery leveling grave sites, filling in sunken grave sites, mowing, and trimming.
6. Organized the office in the rectory (installed scanner, weeded through old material, updated computer software, and simplified). Cleaned out the garage and organized all of the tools.
7. Ordered a dump truck load of gravel and spread it over the parking lot.
8. Cleaned the bathrooms, caulked around the showers, and replaced the shower heads, and replaced the shower curtains.
9. Had a youth retreat from Sacred Heart do a community service retreat.
10. Cut down a bug kill tree behind the church with the chain saw.
11. Built a smokehouse. I went to the Dillingham Land Fill, got an old freezer, and converted it.
12. Hung up flowers around the rectory and Nora from Cracker box donated flowers for the sign.
13. Went fishing for Reds (sockeye salmon) with Pat Walsh.
CONVERTED FREEZER TO SMOKE HOUSE
ORGANIZED AND CLEANED UP CHURCH AND RECTORY
CUT DOWN A TREE BEHIND HOLY ROSARY CHURCH
NORA FROM CRACKER BOX DONATED SOME FLOWERS
SPENT A COUPLE DAYS IN THE CEMETARY
WENT FISHING WITH PAT WALSH
ARRIVED THE LAST DAY OF THE SACRED HEART COMMUNITY YOUTH RETREAT AT HOLY ROSARY IN DILLINGHAM
PAINTED THE BASEMENT FLOOR HOLY ROSARY RECTORY
ROUNDED UP A FEW ALTAR SERVERS